As with other holiday gift certificate purchases, Valentine’s Day is an opportunity for people to relax and show their partner some love and attention. It’s something we should be doing every day but many times life and schedules get in the way. If you are going to consider a Valentine’s Day Spa Gift Certificate purchase for your sweetie keep in mind a few simple things.
10 Purchase Tips when visiting the Day Spa
1) Letting the gift recipient choose what service they do is a nice way to purchase the gift. Why? Well, you might purchase a massage for them, but they really want a facial. It’s hard to give a Valentine’s Day Spa Gift Certificate for a facial because it’s like you are saying to them – “you look like you could use some skin assistance” – and that is probably not the message you want to send, right? 🙂
2) In the spirit of #1, find out if they can change what they want. If you do buy the massage, can they change it without penalty? Is that answer listed on their website?
3) What is the return policy? Sometimes you can return a gift after 5 days, say, if you are in a new relationship and did not realize that the person dislikes massage.
4) Find out of some of the money can be considered a tip. Some people like this option because they want the gift recipient to have a day where everything is covered – even the tip. Try and see if you can indicate that on the Valentine’s Day Gift Certificate that you purchase. (If not, include some cash in the card to cover the tip?)
5) If you purchase a Gift Certificate 2 days before Valentine’s Day, don’t assume you can use it on Valentine’s Day. Many people book a month ahead of time to get an appointment on Valentine’s Day. Just make the appointment when it is comfortable for the recipient and read about the best day to visit a day spa.
6) Couples massage gifts are great but might be limited during redemption. Check into this at the spa of your choice.
7) Male therapist? Female therapist? What is the spa’s policy? Will they tell you or allow you to choose? Many men do not like purchasing a gift for their wife knowing another man will be doing the massage. If that is you – be sure to know how the spa works with booking and make sure she tells the spa her preferences up front.
8) In the spirit of #7, couples massages should be relaxing. If a male therapist is massaging a woman in the same room where her husband is getting a massage from a female – sometimes this is an issue. If you have any hangups or concerns in this area, please instruct the spa to provide the gender massage therapist that you are comfortable with – remember this is your special time with your sweetheart. Make it work for you.
9) If you are purchasing a Valentine’s Day Spa Gift Certificate, make it extra special and add something to the gift that personalizes it. A home made note could be included which reads, “This includes me making dinner the evening you have your spa day. Or lunch, if you visit int he middle of the day – just relax and enjoy honey!”. Little extra touches like this make the day spa visit even more special.
10) Continuing with #9 you could also include a note that says “I will take the children out for a bit so when you come home from your spa day you can take a nice, long nap – I love you”. Ahhh, now that is being thoughtful!
I hope you’ve learned a little bit about purchasing a Valentine’s Day Spa Gift Certificate. This information is meant to assist you in your day spa activities. I hope you have a fantastic Valentine’s Day and if your Valentine does not provide a Valentine’s Day Spa Gift Certificate for you, you can always make an appointment on your own and relax! Enjoy! (For local Fort Collins folks, see our spa specials page to pick the right package for your Valentine)